Friday, May 18, 2012

The Weirdest Date Ever



I messaged this girl that I met on Plenty Of Fish and really didn't give it much though when I received no reply.That’s the way it goes sometimes.  But after a couple of weeks went by and I had totally forgotten about her, I saw that she had finally replied and left her phone number. I was a bit surprised however when her email included her phone number. I mean, I had never even communicated with her before. Likely I should have run like a chicken, but since I had not been with anyone steady in a long time, I decided to take a chance and texted her.

This started an avalanche of text messages back and forth for the next few days. We finally decided it was time to meet. Since my car was broken down, she drove over 60 miles in an old heap she borrowed from a friend just to see me. I was quite flattered by that.In person, she seemed to be really nice. Easy to talk to. The fact that she looked pretty hot only added to the pluses. I was a bit surprised when she suggested that I come to her house for the night, but I accepted willingly. As we drove to her house, we snuggled and then started to stroke each other. I had to back off because she started to really get into it at one point and almost went off the road. We got back to her place and started listening to some music while snuggling on the couch.

All of a sudden she she got a few text messages which she answered. On top of this, her phone started to ring non-stop, and she seemed compelled to answer it rather than just turn it off for a while. I started to get very annoyed that she was spending all that time with the phone instead of me. To add insult to injury, when she was not focused on the phone, she started to tell me all about her ex boyfriend and her trials with him! As if I cared! I just sat there pretending to really give a shit, making noises to her like, “uh huh....yea....oh.... that’s too bad”, figuring she probably still had a thing for him. I guess I must have hit the right tone with her, because we ended up in the sack after all, so that was worth the effort. As we were going to sleep she got up and went into her roommate's bedroom to spend the rest of the night. After waiting about 20 minutes for her to come back, I got the idea that she was out for the count and just went to sleep.

I woke up alone and wondering what I was going to do. I decided to get the hell out of dodge as fast as I could. As I opened the bedroom door, I saw her roommate standing there looking at me as if I was something squirmy. I could see a lot of anger in her directed my way. Then it dawned on me. Her roommate had a thing for the girl who had brought me here. Just to tick her off, I decided to delay my departure long enough to have a shower. Unfortunately, the water reeked so bad that I think I was dirtier after the shower than I was before it. Needless to say, I was pissed as I toweled off.

After dressing, I decided to go back to the bedroom and wait for my date to show up. I wanted to find out what was going on. Most importantly, I needed to find out when I could escape from this crazy place. When she finally showed up, she told me that she was in crap up to her eyeballs because she had taken the car yesterday without permission. Apparently her friend's mother was very peeved that she had taken the car the previous day, and that we had to leave now.

When I looked in her eyes, I new that she was on something. Her friend was as well from the look of her. This wild freak of a guy came to drive us to my date's mother's house. The house was set back about a half mile from the road. When we got there, there was a bunch of sorry looking people hanging around. They all looked like they were on something pretty powerful, and from the strange smell around, I guessed that they were actually cooking up a batch of something out back someplace. They were just hanging around in a stupor listening to loud blaring music. It was wild. It was sort of like one of those bad nightmare scenarios that you see in some B grade Hollywood movies. Then I started to think about some scenes from “Deliverance” and really started to freak out.

One of these dudes starts telling me what train I need to take to get back home. The girl and her mother disappear somewhere in the house. After about ten more minutes, that seemed like an hour in this looney bin, we were on our way. The strange guy driving dropped the girl and her mother off at another destination and we continued on.
This guy really freaked me out. He was all in black, had his hair spiked and some of his teeth filed. He looked like Count Dracula and he keep smiling at me showing his fangs. I was ready to have a bowel movement right then and there. I had to clinch my cheeks together as tight as I could and hoped I would get home in one piece. I hoped he had not decided to drive me all the way home, but suddenly we arrived at the train station. I wasted no time getting out of that car.

I had to walk the streets of this backwards town for three hours before the train arrived, and then I didn't have enough money to go all the way. So I got of about an hour from my home and thumbed it the rest of the way. It was cold, it was raining, and I was disgusted, but was so glad to be back in my nice warm, comfortable home.

Plenty Of Fish! Plenty of freaks is more like it as far as I am concerned. From now on I am going to pay for any dating service that I join. The money is a good filter for riffraff. I have learned that some times free is not always the best way to go. And some sites are not always safe because any moron, freak and weirdo can also join, just because it is free.
Not all free dating sites are crappy. I concede that my experience with POF might have been outside the norm. Either way, I decided to cancel my account on POF and go elsewhere.

Once I had made the decision to leave POF, I had another issue to solve. How would I find a replacement site that was actually better. After a lot of searching, I finally found a site that rated a bunch of dating sites. It has been successful for me, so I am passing that on to you. All dating sites have some inherent risk to them, but usually it is a lot less than that of meeting someone in a bar. In any event, if you are reasonably careful, you are unlikely to have any problems. The link below is the one I have used to advantage. I hope it works for you too.


Top 10 Personals

No comments:

Post a Comment