Friday, January 13, 2012

Gay Dating



 A lot of people seem to think that gay men are shallow when it comes to finding someone they would like to have a relationship with. But is that really true? Of course most of us prefer a hot, healthy body; heck you can say the same thing about heterosexuals as well. So much so that sometimes it is hard for people that do not fit that type to find a partner. It is more of a challenge for gay men because they are in a minority. Some gay men are shallow and there's not a lot you can do to change that. My idea is that if they don't find you attractive they're not worth losing any sleep over and you can probably do a lot better.

As you get older you find that most guys are not as interested in how you look as opposed to your intelligence and brains. But until that day comes you might just have to take what you can get, or try going to the gym once in awhile. Appearance is definitely a big factor, but it is not the only thing in the game of love between young gay men. Not many guys want to date someone that is chubby. Personally looks are still an important factor before I would have any idea's about approaching another man, let alone start a relationship with them.  I guess that makes me shallow, but satisfied. 

 Why are a lot of young gay men interested in slim trim athletic types? Well lets see, guys in general are sexual creatures and want to have sex with good looking guys. This also holds true for many young guys are only looking for sex and not any form of long term commitment. Of course attractiveness standards vary with different cultures and races, I have a few over weight friends that have no trouble getting dates and having serious relationships. There are many reasons why some people will focus on physical attributes over all others. There will always be people who behave in this manner when it comes to picking a mate its just who they are.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who don't measure up to my standards as far a dating goes, most of them are nice people but I just would not consider dating them. I have some wonderful friends that I love as much as my brothers, and I met the majority of them via online dating sites. That's right, as a matter of fact most of the guys I have dated in the past few years I have met through internet dating sites. Now I know what your thinking, its because I can see what they look like, well that might be part of it but its not the real reason, its because most of the guys I meet online are exactly what I'm looking for. With my busy life style, I do not get a lot of opportunities to just troll bars looking for a lay, so my escape hatch is gay dating sites where I can hang out for a short time talking to people that I have come to know and respect.

I am not interested in the old so called ball and chain at this age in my life, but I do enjoy a some what serious relationship, and I would like it to last more than six months. Thats where the online dating comes in, you see when you join an online dating site both you and he know where each other stands so there's no surprises. If you start dating and the person seems to be rushing it and making you uncomfortable, it is easy to move on. And if by chance they start to hassle you online, well all you have to do is block them, with online dating sites your real email address phone number and address are never given out so there's no worry about someone bothering you unless you were stupid and gave them your personal contact information already.  The best thing though is that most of the men on dating sites are just like you, and are unlikely to push themselves on someone where the affection is not being returned.

For the most part most men do not care so much what you look like, or how you style your hair or whether or not you work out or not. They are primarily looking for someone to hang with. They would like someone with similar interests, who is intellectually challenging and has compatible personality traits. Someone who is  compassionate, caring and giving. A person who stimulates them both intellectually, emotionally and sexually. Someone who will be there in the morning.

So if you want to expand your horizons, consider joining an online dating site. There are literally hundreds of gay dating sites just waiting to help you meet someone special. They have a variety of members from many religions all looking for someone to share their time and lives with. So what are you waiting for? Get off your tush, get online and check them out. You won't be disappointed. At worst you will meet a lot of interesting people that you will come to regard as friends, even if they never make it to lovers. Below is the link to the site that I use, they have so many sites to chose from, I'm sure you'll find one that has what your looking for.

http://www.top100datingpersonals.com/gaydating.php

No comments:

Post a Comment